The first quarter meeting took place on 03/03/19 with the IFN state board, Hub Leaders and State Representatives. Here is a powerpoint of items discussed. An audio dictation will remain on file, that will be made available.
- Introduction of all attending IFN board, HUB and State Rep.
- Evansville discusses about more growth in IFN Evansville, Workshops, etc.
- Submission of official signing agreement for all board members
- Discussion on IFN website and making if work better
- Posting Google drive and access for resource material (for only who have signed agreement)
- Insuring in cataloging all financial contributions
- Formal election of State Board: Nathan Bechtold (President), Jarrod Moschner (Treasury) and James Wallace Jr (Secretary). Responsibilities of Secretary being rearranged, including communications. Redefined at a later meeting.
- Announcement of updated ByLaws
- Delaying the formation of various committees (Grants, Communication, etc) with the exception for the Steering Committee) til Q3
- Going over a list in the assurance of all PayPal receipts
- Issues about creating facebook pages in connection with IFN
The meeting attendance included: James Wallace Jr, Nathan Bechtold, Glen Bratt, Terry Shepard, Jose Mendez, Eric Bumpus, Laura Ivins, Rick Lang, Eric Crosby and Andrew Davis.
Discussion included promoting the IFN meeting platform through various programs. The mention of a Grant writer was brought up with plans in establishing this position. The Heartland Short Film Festival was covered with the IFN support (part of a running panel). The board discussed about next year programs which includes a Google Çity, being developed by Jarrod Moschner (Treasury Board Member). The Indianapolis Hub mentioned establishing speakers from July to years end. Also, more improvement in better meeting experiences. Bloomington Hub are brain storming future events.
The board finalized the website situation in staying with the current server for the next two years. The board will reopen it in a year and will look for a FREE non-profit opportunity. Discussed Google for Non-Profit as we have met the criteria in moving forward.
The board continued discussion on the IFN Fort Wayne about appointing HUB leaders. Various activities have been presented that the IFN is considering involvement. The Treasury presented the current financial state of IFN and the allocation of funds.
Various topics covered the next phase for IFN for 2018. We discussed the dissolving of IFN Fort Wayne HUB leaders and where we go from here. The board conducted voting for President, Treasury and Secretary for the next calendar year.
A board discussion involving the arrangements for the Christmas Party. The status of the Grant Committee and various activities at all IFN Chapters.
A board discussion involving a change at the Noblesville Chapter. The status of a NEW meeting place for the revised Indianapolis chapter. Discussed activities involving all IFN Chapters.
A discussion involving the Grant Committee. Discussion of a NEW website with suggestions. A discussion of an Advisory Board and current events involving all Chapters.
A board discussion about changes to various committees. Proposals for the Christmas Party. A discussion about an Indianapolis chapter. The announcement of the NEW Fort Wayne Chapter. Board voting on various topics.
The Board of Directors for Indiana Filmmakers Network Inc. will be meeting on May 28th 2017 at 2pm est. This will be a virtual meeting via Google Hangouts. email for the link if you wish to join as w will get it to you once the hangout has been created.